Search This Blog

FROM THE MULTI-POLAR MIND OF A RECOVERING EX-USER

not poetry, not purposeful, not pretending









...

Friday 30 July 2010

The Longing

Long time ago you found a key
Which opened up my hidden door,
But though you broke the spell on me
You never come back any more,
And all that's left are photographs
Forgotten in some dusty drawer.

Long years have seen my tortured gaze
Steam like hot blood on your bright snow,
But though I've lost you in this maze
Still see your face in my window,
And long to play that secret game
Of lifting masks with you again.

2 comments:

  1. Heftman you tell of the long gone lover magical and mystical, evocative and beautiful but ultimately sad. Its beautiful I know how that feels too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time ago, I used my key
    To open up your hidden door
    But though I had to set you free
    I will return to you once more,
    Your photograph, for two score years
    Kept company with my sad tears.
    So, guide me through this mystic maze
    And games of lifting masks we'll play...

    ReplyDelete