Search This Blog

FROM THE MULTI-POLAR MIND OF A RECOVERING EX-USER

not poetry, not purposeful, not pretending









...

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Where

I was raised in a border town called Curiosity,
Where the people all seemed kind of spurious to me,
So I left to learn from books at the old monastery
Where the monks taught me science and arts and much of mystery.

And now I live in a house called Liberty.
There is a garden out the back
Where stands an apple tree.
The rent I pay is high - but our land is free.

The windows stop the rain
But let the light come through,
Which shows the features on my face
And all the things I do,
But not the creatures in those places
Where these last thoughts grew.

3 comments:

  1. der deutsche Schwindler7 June 2011 at 15:20

    treten Sie sorgfältig, mein Freund

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house still stands, but your town burnt down

    ReplyDelete
  3. The big creature got out - you should have shut the door when you left

    ReplyDelete