Search This Blog

FROM THE MULTI-POLAR MIND OF A RECOVERING EX-USER

not poetry, not purposeful, not pretending









...

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Drumming in the Deep

Something that you said
Keeps circling round my head
Like leaves caught by a breeze.

You slam your angry door -
Cry: don't come back no more
As cars fly past beep beep.

I've lost the will to sleep:
Hear drumming in the deep,
A drum roll for a thief.

While waiting in your street
Earth quakes beneath my feet,
Night falls, I hear you weep.

My shadow’s on your floor -
Your jewels turn to straw
'Cause nothing is for keeps.

The new Moon lights the trail -
Feel: gust become a gale
As night begins to pale.

This hill has got too steep,
I'm starting to count sheep
To drumming in the deep.

My blood drips down your door -
Plead: mother, baby, whore
As thunder drowns my call.

Stars spin round in a whirl,
Teardrop becomes a pearl:
I've wished away the world.

Clouds creep across dawn sky -
Warn: you will dance or die
To drumming in the deep.

3 comments:

  1. amphetamine heartbeat = drumming in deep ?
    sky and ground (floor/earth/hill) = up and down mental states ?
    Hyperzone = delirious state produced by speed bingeing (no sleep or food for days) ?
    How am I doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds familiar...

    ReplyDelete