Search This Blog

FROM THE MULTI-POLAR MIND OF A RECOVERING EX-USER

not poetry, not purposeful, not pretending









...

Friday 31 December 2010

Fool's Chase

I watch you pass, a breeze-blown cloud
My longing speaks your form out loud
My eyes glare inward, deep and down
Feelings fester, features frown

lives are sparks in the fires of time
life's a fleeting laboured mime
one day all we've done and said
will be smouldering embers in my lost head

Once a face appeared to me and cried:
"I've never robbed and I've never lied" -
Like a finger pointing at the moon
Out of reach and gone too soon

Isolation is a sociable disease
Laugh, scream, tease, smile, choke, say 'cheese'
These lines depict no killing joke
The death wish lingers in the smoke

My words fall round like loaded dice
And run for holes like frightened mice
My gaze goes wide like super-sight
Draining all your body's light

But even black holes fade and die
You've got to land if you can't reach the sky
All roads lead downward outside the fold
It's the end of the chase for the poor fool's gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment